Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful Progress and Issues

Time to get back to an update on the Thankful sweater.  Remember that anyone who favorites Verdigris Knits on Facebook or follows on Twitter this month will receive a complimentary electronic copy of the pattern when it is published.

Here is the back, about 75% complete. 

I stopped because I had to travel for work this week and the piece is now too bulky for airplane knitting.  So I pulled out my needles, being too lazy to switch the tips onto another set of cables, and cast on for the right side of the Sleeve/Top piece.  If you are following this saga in my other posts then you know that the ribbing swatch's pants burned off (liar, liar...) so I had to adjust my cast on.

But so far, everything else has worked according to plan.  Here's the progress to date.

After the ribbing, a couple of rows of increases (I used the lifted increase 1 stitch in from each edge) spaced over 4 inches of stockinette completed the sleeve.  Then I began the decreases along the front edge to shape the top from the armhole to the neck opening at the shoulder.  The decreases are worked every 3 rows, so I am having to do a right leaning decrease on the purl side.  I've worked one out, but I'm not sure I'm going to stay with it, so I'll let you know later what I've come up with.  On right side rows, I need a left leaning decrease so I'm using my fave, ssk.

My latest concern though is that I might not have enough yarn after all.  If this is the case, then I will either have to go back to knit picks and hope that there is one little skein left in my dye lot, or adjust.  I have a feeling that some adjustments may be in my future.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment